Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 11

Hello everyone,

Yesterday we had class in the morning as usual. First we had business class. It was about the issues in the Vietnamese economy today. One of the biggest issues is the corruption surrounding the country. I was talking to some Vietnamese students about what they do everyday and what they think of Vietnam. They were asking me what I think of the United States. After business class we had language class. One again the language is getting easier, but there was one word I just could not say no matter what. The person attempting to help me was named Yen and she must have said it a hundred times and I still just could not say it.

We did not have a site visit to go to, but we did meet with the English club to play games. The games were very interactive between UEF and UP. The first game played involved a boy and a girl standing on a piece of newspaper and dancing. If you fell off the paper you lost. After a few minutes the paper would be folded in half. The next game involved a boy and a girl attempting to pop a balloon on there back. The next game was musical chairs and the final game was limbo. After playing games we had a short dance party in the classroom. It was very interesting.

Right after the meeting we had a soccer game. We got to play the UEF soccer team. To my surprise we were only down 3-0 at the half. After they sub in some students and we sub in a womens player from the Vietnamese Nation Team, the game got close. We ended up tying 5-5 and i was exhausted. I am not meant to play soccer at all. It was a neat experience though, especially because we actually played with a national player.

For dinner we went back to the burger place for American food. One again it was delicious. I did not do anything at night because I was so tired. I ended up staying up late anyway because I was talking to some of the Vietnamese students on yahoo messenger. I have plans to go out with some students to the Saigon Square market. I do not know if we are walking or if they are giving us rides on motorbikes. I still really want to get one when I get home. Only 2 more days till I leave 'Nam

see ya blog blog

No comments:

Post a Comment